What is American Airlines' Flight Change Policy?
American Airlines flight change policy allows passengers the ability to make changes to their itinerary (e.g., changing their destination or flight) for a fee. The fees vary depending on the ticket type and when the change is made. Changes made closer to the departure date will incur a higher price. Some tickets are non-refundable or non-changeable. Customers can change their flight online by logging in to their American Airlines account. They can also contact customer service at the airline or visit a ticket counter. It is a good idea to verify the policy for each fare purchased.
American Airlines offers customers the option to make changes to their flights. These options include:
- Flight Pass: Customers can purchase a limited number of flights at a discounted price and then make changes to their itinerary without paying additional fees.
- AAdvantage Elite status: Customers who have achieved elite status in the American Airlines AAdvantage program can be eligible to waive or reduce change fees and receive priority service.
- Firelock: Customers can reserve a flight at the current price for a specified time period, typically 72 hours. After that, they make a final decision about the booking and pay for the ticket. Customers have more freedom to alter their flights.
American Airlines customer service can provide more details about your options.
American Airlines 24-Hour Flight Changing Policy
American Airlines offers a 24-hour flight cancellation policy. Customers can make changes to their itinerary within 24 hours of booking, including changing their destination or flight, at no additional cost. This policy is applicable to all domestic and international flights. It can be used for tickets booked directly through American Airlines or through a travel agent. There are exceptions to this policy such as certain fare types or flights booked through third-party websites. These policies may be different. To make changes under the 24-hour American airlines change flight policy, customers can log in to their American Airlines account online or contact the airline's customer service.
How do you change your flight on American Airlines?
These steps will allow you to change your flight with American Airlines.
- Log in to American Airlines by visiting their website and entering your login details.
- Locate your flight itinerary on "My Trips" on the website.
- Click the "Change Flight" and "Change Reservation” buttons next to your flight schedule.
- Follow the prompts to make the change.
- Examine the changes and any additional costs, and then confirm the change.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you regarding the new flight route.
Alternatively, you can also contact American Airlines customer service by phone or by visiting a ticket counter.
Before making any changes, it is a good idea to verify the policy change of the fare purchased.