Air Canada cancellation policy The cancellation policy of Air Canada varies based on the kind of ticket and the fares you've purchased. For all tickets, if can cancel the flight in less than 24 hours after making the booking the flight, you'll receive the full amount back. Following that, the amount you receive will be determined by the rules of fare for the ticket you purchased.
For standard economy tickets in the event that you cancel your flight within 60 days prior to the departure date, you will be charged an amount of $75 CAD. If you cancel your flight within 60 days from departure the date of departure, you won't be entitled to a refund.
For premium economy and flex tickets, if you decide to cancel your flight less than 30 days before the date of departure, you will be charged $150 dollars. If you cancel your flight within 30 days of your departure date the date of departure, you won't be qualified for any refund.
For business class tickets when you cancel your flight at least 14 days prior to the departure date you will be charged the amount of $ 300 CAD. If you cancel your flight within 14 days from departure and you are not qualified for any refund.
It's important to note that certain fare types may have more strict cancellation policies, and certain are not refundable. It is important to check the rules of the ticket prior to making an attempt to cancel.
How to cancel Air Canada Flights?
If you want to cancel your Air Canada flight, you must take these steps:
- Visit the Air Canada website and log into your account.
- Find your reservation and then select the flight you wish to change or cancel.
- Click the "Cancel" or "Cancel" button on the right side of the flight you want to cancel.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your cancellation and receive a refund (if the refund is eligible).
- If you're not qualified for refunds, you could be offered the chance to transfer your flight to an alternative date or location.
- If you cannot change your travel plans on the internet or by phone, you can contact Air Canada's customer service department for assistance. They can be reached via email, phone, or via live chat.
- Be aware that cancellation or change options are determined by the fare rules and conditions on your ticket. Therefore, please review the rules of fare before you cancel your flight.
It's also important to note that certain flights could be subject to changes charges or restrictions, therefore it's essential to read the rules of fare for your flight prior to making a decision to cancel.
Air Canada 24 hours cancellation policy
Air Canada's cancellation policy of 24 hours permits users to cancel their flight reservation up to 24 hours after making the initial purchase, without penalty, provided the reservation is made a minimum of seven days before the date of departure. This policy applies to the majority of Air Canada cancellation fees however, some limitations might apply to specific prices or destinations. Customers may cancel their flights on via the Air Canada website or by contacting Air Canada's customer support.